Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

I'm Back!


Oh hi sweeties! So how long has it been? I'm thinking at least two, maybe three months since I was last blogging properly. Shameful. But a lot has been happening. A lot still is happening. But I'm now back! The blog has got a well needed facelift ... there's still going to be some changes here and there over the next two weeks so bear with me! But I'm really happy with how its looking, I hope y'all like it! It's now past midnight and I've been working on it for the last two days. Well I've been multi tasking and using every spare minute to work on it ... but its getting there and I'm really excited about what's to come!



The last few months have been a bit mental. I've been living in Dublin for almost a year now (time flys!) and things are really clicking into place,but still a bit scary! The main reason I wanted to move to Dublin was to work in Drag full time. That and build up my book as an art director for different shoots. In September I entered a contest called 'The Devine Apprentice'. Imagine Rupaul's Drag Race, The Apprentice mixed with live performing and weekly tasks and you got it. The boss? Davina Devine and the venue, The George. I ended up devoting so much time to the show, girl wanted to win! ... and I did! I'm now a regular performer at The George,Pantibar and other venues and I've spent the last while re working my image, performances and really honing in on where I want to take myself over the next few years.



With that, I've spent a lot of time thinking of my blog. For a while there I got sick of just posting music videos and pictures, what's so special about that? What I did enjoy was giving people a little glimpse of my shows, how I put things together and the performers,artists around me. But it never went further than a few pictures ... until now. From now on I'm going to be doing weekly diaries. These diaries will be a mix of blogs such as this, pictures and video. From behind the scenes, to on stage to whats going on in my life, what Im creating, who I'm working with and so on. I'l still be interviewing the people that inspire me and showcasing different works of art,music and film but in a what I hope will be a more personal way.



I'm really looking forward to letting everyone see and hear what I'm up to. Let me know what you all think as time goes by! Readers encourage me to keep blogging so I want to hear from you!

Until next time,

Happy Easter!

Candy Warhol X
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment